New Membership Option – AOT Dues just $15
For November and December, CAKD is offering a new membership option for CAKD, AOT Dues. For just $15, Kappa Delta Alumnae in Central Arkansas can join CAKD for the remainder of the alumnae year (through March 2010). $5 of each member goes to KDHQ as a service fee, and the remaining $10 goes to support the alumnae chapter work of collegiate support, community service, leadership training, and alumnae chapter events. You can help CAKD meet its goal of 63 members for the year by joining today!
It is now easier than ever to join CAKD – An online form is available here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGdsUDk1Q2xuaW5ZenY5alhxaV9WUHc6MQ, and after filling out the form you can pay by check or via pay pal here:
KDHQ Fall Mailing
Several items were included in the AC fall mailing from KDHQ that may be of interest to you:
• Magazine Sales – Collegians and Alumnae are busy with Magazine sales. Find the chapter you would like to
support here: http://kd.efundraising.com
• Confidence Coalition Update – There is now a new website (www.confidencecoalition.org) , launched on
September 21, and there are several new members of the coalition, including Discovery Girls Magazine,
Phired Up Productions and Prevent Child Abuse America, and Lindsay Staniszewski, Miss Maryland 2010
became a Confidence Coalition ambassador.
• Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarship Application Announcement – Kappa Delta offers over $110,000 in scholarships and grants each year to deserving sisters. Check them out here:
• KiDs Grant – This year the KiDs grant application deadline is January 15, 2011. CAKD would like to make an application for this program. If you have a project that you would like to consider, please send at e-mail to email@example.com with the program for the executive board to consider.
• National President’s Bulletin – Please e-mail if you would like a copy of this document.
Eta Sigma News and Notes UALR’s chapter of Kappa Delta is doing fantastic things! There are several areas that they would like to invite alumnae to participate in this month:
• Eta Sigma (UALR) Chapter is looking for your help in collecting recipes for their Shamrock Cookbook, to be sold in Spring 2011.If you have a favorite recipe that you would be willing to share, please send it to
firstname.lastname@example.org. If this recipe comes out of a published book, magazine or person; please note that on the recipe so Eta Sigma can give proper credit to that author.
• Eta Sigma International Girls Day event – November 9th. Do you have a Kindergarten through 3rd grade girl in your life? Does she enjoy having her nails painted and playing dress-up? Would you like her to have an afternoon of confidence, as well as fun? The Ladies of Eta Sigma chapter invite you and your
daughter/granddaughter/niece/friend to come to their International Girls Day event. Planning on coming? Kindly RSVP to Eta Sigma VP Community Service Holly Gibbs at email@example.com.
• Eta Sigma New Member / Alumnae Reception - November 11th. Plan to come to a local restaurant to meet the Kappa Delta New Members from Eta Sigma Chapter. We will meet at 7:00 PM at Cantina Laredo. Come and enjoy a Buffet appetizer and dessert bar, as well as meeting the Fall 2010 pledge class, SET leaders and council members. RSVP to the Facebook event page or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 2nd Degree – November 16th at 7:00 p.m. in DSC-G. If you are planning on attending, please contact us to RSVP.
• Initiation -- Initiation for Eta Sigma – November 23rd at 6:30 p.m. in DSC-D. CAKD members are invited to participate in the beauty of initiation as we welcome the Fall 2010 pledge class into the order. Don’t forget to wear your whites If you are planning on attending, please contact us to RSVP.