New Membership Option – AOT Dues just $15
Thank you so much to Anne C., Patricia V., Tricia C., Melanie B., and Dawn S. for joining CAKD over the past 2 months! With each new member, we are getting that much closer to our goal of 63 members. You have 2 more months left (through March 1, 2011) to join for the 2010-2011 AC year. Don’t forget about our AOT dues option – just $15, with $5 from each member going to KDHQ as a service fee, and the remaining $10 going to support the alumnae chapter work of collegiate support, community service, leadership training, and alumnae chapter events.
It is now easier than ever to join CAKD – An online form is available here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGdsUDk1Q2xuaW5ZenY5alhxaV9WUHc6MQ, and after filling out the form you can pay by check or via pay pal here: http://tinyurl.com/CAKDAOTDues.
Kappa Delta Scholarship Application Deadline Quickly Approaching
Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarship Application Announcement – Kappa Delta offers over $110,000 in scholarships and grants each year to deserving sisters. Check them out here: http://www.kappadelta.org/scholarshipapplications_1.
As the New Year begins, it is time to begin thinking about the new leadership of our organization. The first step is to appoint a nominating committee to accept and solicit applications for our groups 9 executive officer positions. The past president (Rachel Davis Lipsey) and 2 other CAKD members, who are not running for an executive officer position, are needed for this committee. If you would be willing to serve on this very important committee, please contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20, 2011.
Leadership Opportunities for 2011-2012
Officer elections for CAKD occur in March each year at our annual business meeting. This past month, a poll was taken of our current officers; and only 3 of the 9 executive officer members are planning on returning to their position next year; including the office of President. Because of this, we would like the CAKD membership to begin thinking about the various officer positions that are available and begin to think if you could apply and take on the position. Positions marked with an asterisk are positions where the current officer is not planning on returning in 2011-2012.
Reference Coordinator/Alternate Panhellenic Delegate*
Applications and detailed officer descriptions will be in the February 2011 CAKD newsletter. If you have any questions about the positions, please feel free to contact Rachel at email@example.com.
Other Important News:
· Magazine Sales – Collegians and Alumnae are busy with Magazine sales. Find the chapter you would like to support here: http://kd.efundraising.com
· KiDs Grant – This year the KiDs grant application deadline is January 15, 2011. CAKD would like to make an application for this program. If you have a project that you would like to consider, please send at e-mail to a firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10, 2011 with the program for the executive board to consider.
Collegiate Chapter News and Notes
· Zeta Gamma – ZG recently published is 2010 Alumnae Newsletter. That document is attached to this newsletter below. You can also keep up-to-date with ZG by following their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/University-of-Arkansas-Kappa-Delta/122685337773275) or their website (http://arkansaskappadelta.com/).
· Eta Sigma – HS had a great Fall 2010 semester, and they are looking forward to a wonderful spring with leadership on their council. You can keep up-to-date with HS by following their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Eta-Sigma-Chapter-of-Kappa-Delta/115740958471888) or their website (http://www.ualrkappadelta.com/).
· If you have any news from other KD chapters that you would like to share, please send it to Rachel at email@example.com.